Guided Access Mode, aka Kiosk Mode (Recommended!)
We recommend using Guided Access mode on your robot's iPad.
Guided Access will:
- Prevent your Double's iPad app from minimizing into the background, if someone presses the iPad's home button by accident or notifications appear.
- Restart the Double iPad app automatically, if it crashes.
- Suppress iPad pop-ups, which may interfere with an active call.
Setting Up Guided Access
1. Launch the iPad's built-in Settings app and go to General > About and ensure that the Version field is at least 13.2.
2. Still in Settings, go to Accessibility > Guided Access and turn ON Guided Access and set Display Auto-Lock to Default (new in iOS 13).
3. Still in Settings, go to Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and choose "Never".
4. Launch the Double app and triple-click the iPad's home button (fast) 3 times to enable Guided Access.
Important! If you do not triple-click the iPad's home button, Guided Access will NOT be enabled.
5. To ensure that your iPad's volume buttons are not disabled, select Options, then switch Volume Buttons on.
6. To start Guided Access, simply tap Start or Resume in the upper right corner. You may be prompted to create a passcode if you had not already done so.
7. To end Guided Access, triple-click the iPad's home button 3 times again and select End on the upper left corner.
For more information about Guided Access, visit this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509.
If you need additional help, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: Nov 05, 2019 11:35AM PST