How to test your connection before purchasing a Double
If you'd like to test your network connection before you decide to purchase a Double, there is a simple way to do so. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Download the app by searching Double Robotics in the App Store on an iPad or iPhone. We recommend you install this on a device that is located in your office or desired location of Double.
2. After the app is finished downloading, open the app and create an account (click here for more details).
3. Once you have created an account, log in, and select the Settings icon. You will need to switch it to Robot Mode from Driver Mode.
4. From home on an iPad/iPhone or using the Chrome desktop browser (https://drive.doublerobotics.com), login to the same account you just created. Both Driver and Double need to have the same account info. This should allow you to connect video without a Double paired via bluetooth.
What you (Driver) see:
What "Double" iPad shows:
5. As the Driver, simply tap the Double icon and you will be connected.
6. After a connection is made, you may see the following messages indicating there is no Double paired with that iPad.
7. You may also run a Network Port Test on either iOS device to determine if there is any latency or packet loss. If you experience any network issues, please make sure you have the minimum network connectivity requirements.
8. Although you won't be able to use the controls on the Driver's screen, this will allow you to "test drive" the connection and examine the video quality.
For more information or questions, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: Mar 31, 2017 01:13PM PDT