Guided Access Mode, aka Kiosk Mode (Recommended!)
We recommend using Guided Access mode on your robot's iPad.
Guided Access will:
- Prevent your Double's iPad app from minimizing into the background if someone presses the iPad's Home button by accident or if you get notifications.
- Restart the Double iPad app automatically if it crashes.
- Suppress iPad pop-ups which may interfere with an active call.
Setting Up Guided Access
1. Launch Settings on your iPad.
2. Under General, select Accessibility.
3. Scroll down to find Guided Access under Learning.
4. If Guided Access is switched off, please switch it on.
(Optional - it is up to you if you want to create a unique passcode for this mode)
5. Now, launch Double's app, and press the iPad's Home button(fast) 3 times. The app will somewhat be minimized and options on the borders of the app will appear.
7. To start Guided Access, simply tap Start on the upper right hand corner. You may be prompted to create a Passcode if you had not already done so.
9. To end Guided Access, just tap the Home button 3 times again and select End on the upper left hand corner.
For more information about Guided Access, visit this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5509.
If you need additional help, please email email@example.com.
Last Updated: Sep 12, 2016 05:27PM PDT